As you guys know, Bobby and I have been together for 8.5 years. And until recently, I never really saw the value in having a date night. It was just an excuse to get dressed up and spend a lot of money. Bobby and I were long distance for most of our relationship, so the chemistry was never lacking. However, now that we’re in the day-to-day of married life, I’m realizing that I really miss those little bursts of romance.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I wanted to share some of my date night ideas. Since everyone has different budgets, my ideas range from free to “all out” (expensive).
- Play a board or card game. There are plenty of 2-person games out there.
- Go on a hike.
- Explore downtown. Just walk around and check out the shops. Check to see if there will be an event or festival.
- Go to an open house and plan your dream home.
- Go to the farmer’s market. Check out what fruits and veggies are in season.
- Be amateur photographers and take photos of each other.
- Wander the bookstore or library. Maybe you’ll find a book to read together!
- Play a game of putt-putt.
- Try a new recipe. Visit the grocery store and cook dinner together.
- Go to a trendy exercise class together. SoulCycle anyone?
- Go to a minor league sports event. Check your local baseball, hockey, or soccer team schedules.
- Go ice skating. You’re guaranteed to hold hands!
- Go to a wine/beer/whiskey tasting. Or in my case, a cheese tasting!
- Rent your dream car for a day. From Aston Martin to Porsche, Enterprise has an Exotic Care Collection you can pick from.
- Get a couples massage.
- Go to a concert. Maybe try a local jazz or piano bar?
- Take dance lessons. Waltz, Foxtrot, Cha-Cha, Jive. So many choices!
- See a comedy show. I hear Kevin Heart is on tour 🙂
Share your date night ideas in the comments below!