Labor Day weekend marked the beginning of camping season! We are so excited and have already blocked a few weekends to head into the woods.
Some of you are probably thinking, “It’s so hot! Why would you go camping in this weather?” Did you know it’s typically cooler with higher elevation? It’s between 3-7 degrees cooler depending on where you are.
When we go camping, we grab a box of materials and things that are good to have on hand. It makes life WAY easier. We just grab the box and throw it in the car. And after we’re done camping, it goes right back in the closet. It is SO easy! We rarely have to add anything or adjust the contents.
We use a medium-size plastic bin to hold everything in. Here’s what we have in our box:
- Heavy Duty aluminum foil (for making foil packs in the campfire)
- Trash bags
- Gallon-sized Ziploc bags (good for taking on hikes as mini trashbags or preventing items from getting wet)
- Sporks with serrated knife edge
- Small knife & cutting board
- Cooking utensils (spatula, tongs & roasting sticks)
- Kitchen Sink
- Lightweight mugs, plates, and bowls
- Coffee French Press
- Water bags
- Toilet paper
- Dog poop bags
- Extra Camping Stove gas
- LED lantern
- Lighter fluid and/or dryer lint (very flammable and FREE)
- Hand warmers
- Storm-proof matches
- Water treatment
- Bungee cords (to keep items secure or help tie down your tent)
- Utility nylon cord (to hang food or set up tarps)
- Extra carabiners
- Multi-purpose tool
- Bug spray & sunscreen
- Hand sanitizer
- Deluxe First-Aid Kit
- Hatchet and file
- Hand shovel
We are prepared for another easy camping season! Just need to grab our tent, sleeping bags, cooler, and the dog.
What do you keep in your camping kit? Let me know in the comments below!