I love dressing up for Halloween! This year, I was part of a trio. I searched the internet to find something clever and came across a Price is Right costume. The whole costume was really cheap and easy. Plus, I didn’t have to wear makeup or skintight outfits!
- 3 pieces of foam board
- 4 poster boards, different colors (make sure one of them is yellow!)
- Double-sided tape
- White duct tape
- 3 cheap foam paint brushes
- Black acrylic paint or black marker
- Rope or twine
- Exacto knife
- Paint brush
- Allen wrench
1. Cut the foam board to 28″ x 12″.
2. Cut 3 poster boards to match — don’t cut the yellow poster board.
3. Using the double-sided tape, attach the colored poster board to the foam board.
4. Use the yellow poster board to make numbers. Each number box was 5″ wide by 9.25″ tall. The numbers themselves were 1.5″ thick.
5. Attach the numbers to the poster board with the double-sided tape.
6. Using the white duct tape, add a 1″ border around the foam board.
7. Use a allen wrench to poke holes in the top corners.
8. Measure about 45″ of twine or rope. Feed through the holes and tie at an appropriate height so the board hangs around your chest.
9. Using black acrylic paint or black marker, paint the bottom of the foam brushes.
10. Once dry, attach the foam brushes to the back of the foam board with duct tape. These will serve as the microphones.
11. Using the remaining yellow poster board, cut out name tags.
12. Outline the name tag with a black line and add the contestant’s name. Use tape to affix the name tag to your shirt.
ALL DONE! An hour-ish of work and a few bucks later….one of the easiest (on most clever) costumes. Did I mention you don’t have to dress up or wear face paint? And better yet, we won “Best Original Costume” at a Halloween Party!